How Can We Help?

Helping families of special needs children in Mason County, Washington when there are no other resources available.

A Gift for Special Children can help your family only if you live within the boundaries of Mason County, Washington.  We are a very small non-profit staffed by caring volunteers from around the County.  

Requirements for your family to receive help.  

  • We support families with children diagnosed with special needs and/or disease ages birth to eighteen in Mason County Washington only.


  • AGFSC will only provide referral or direct supports - this means that we will provide financial supports and/or refer you to different agencies.  We will work with other agencies (some are posted below) and businesses to seek out the most efficient way to meet your need.


  • What will you need?

  • 1)  You must be referred to AGFSC by a school, agency (non-profit or federal-county), doctor or medical professional, or provide sufficient documentation to qualify.  

  • 2)  You will need to provide us with your personal information as well as your child(ren)'s information.  You will be asked to prove how your child qualifies for our program services through an IEP (individualized education plan), IFSP (individualized family support plan), a 504 (accomodation plan through the school), or a doctor's note or paperwork.  *Please be aware that if we run out of funding,  or come close to running out of funding, families who have emergency housing and food needs take precedence over other referrals.     

  • Other Community Resources:

  • Crossroads Housing - For support with housing/shelter.

  • 360-427-6919

  • Community Lifeline - For support with emergency shelter. 360-462-4439

  • Love Inc. - For support with utilities and other needs.  There are specific times that you can call for intake.  

  • 360-462-5683

  • Community Action Council - For support with weatherproofing your home, utility assistance, and more.

  • 360-426-9726

  • Habitat for Humanity - The Brush with Kindness program can help with general housing accessibility and more.

  • 360-426-8134

  • North Mason Resource Center - For support in North Mason/Belfair area.

  • 360-552-2303

  • Paratransit - For support with rides to and from appointments.  Including gas vouchers (with proof of insurance).

  • 1-800-846-5438